Monday, June 23, 2008

Camp Starts Tomorrow!

Last day of school.. which means that tomorrow is day 1 of Daddy Day Camp. I had one request from Dad - "go easy on me the first week or so...". About a month ago, he spent a week in the hospital and about 2 more at home in bed getting his strength back. he is more or less back to himself, but pretty apprehensive about running the camp.

With that request in mind, I hit the craft stores. I was pleased to find so many kits ready to go for fun summer projects. So, yeah, some of the early projects may be cop-outs, but so be it! gives me time to get some better ideas....

Last year, I had daily themes like "Monster Monday" where the activitys all had something to do with monsters. It quickly became a stretch to get things to fit. This year, I'm thinking about weekly themes.

Week 1: Setting up Camp
Week 2: Dinosaur Days ? we'll have to see how this pans out...

Look for more "getting started" tips tomorrow. I will post the activities on a delay, so that you can see the finished product along with the instructions.

No comments: